To equip civil society organisations (CSOs) with the knowledge and capacity to engage the fourth Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation (GPEDC) monitoring round (4MR), global civil society platform CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness (CPDE) is holding a training for CSOs, in Brussels, Belgium this 7-8 December 2023, in hybrid format. Interested parties may sign up here.
The Global Partnership monitoring exercise is a country-led and voluntary exercise that measures efforts to make development cooperation more effective on the ground in accordance with the four effectiveness principles. It tracks progress in meeting agreed commitments.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Introduction to the GPEDC and the Broader Development Effectiveness Agenda
- Fundamentals of the monitoring process and framework
- Challenges and solutions to previous monitoring data gathering problems/issues around CSO access to information
- Stakeholder engagement and institutionalization, including inputs on engaging National Coordinators and opportunities and good practices for CSOs
- Use of results and peer learning opportunities
- Drafting an engagement plan
There will also be opportunities for participants from the countries to share the challenges they face as well as solutions to previous monitoring data gathering problems or issues around CSO access to information, along with introduction to action dialogues and the development and implementation of high-level roadmaps.
Trainers include CPDE Co-Chair and ActionAid Italia Deputy Secretary-General Luca de Fraia and CPDE Senior Policy Liaison Matthew Simonds.