The CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness and the Reality of Aid Asia Pacific is holding the regional launch of Reality of Aid Report 2020/2021 on 31 August 2021, 2PM Manila.
With the theme “Aid in the context of conflict, fragility and the climate emergency, the report especially tackles the Triple Nexus, delving on how humanitarian action, development and peace efforts intersect to improve development interventions, especially in conflict affected and fragile states.
Speakers for the event, which will highlight reports from the Asia Pacific, include:
- Rodolfo Lahoy, Jr. of IBON International, “Donor interests over effective development cooperation? Usaid and the “triple nexus” approach in the Philippines”
- Firas Jaber of مرصد السياسات الاجتماعية والاقتصادية-Social and Economic Policies Monitor, “Vision on social protection systems and social security in Palestine”
- Jiten Yumnam of Centre for Research and Advocacy, Manipur – CRAM, “Climate change and development cooperation in South Asia”
- Mara Bonacci of AID/WATCH, “A Pacific Compact”
- Akio Takayanagi of Japan NGO for International Cooperation (JANIC), “Increases in Japan’s ODA/GNI ratio: Should we celebrate it?”
For more information: https://realityofaid.org/roareport-asiapacificlaunch/
Access the report here: https://realityofaid.org/roa-report-2020-2021/