Did you know?
November is the Global Month of Solidarity for Kurdistan. This article explains why the Kurdistan struggle should be a global struggle: https://bit.ly/3pArM7j
Do not miss!
Watch CPDE members from our regional and sectoral constituencies share their messages and vision for the platform in 2021, and beyond. Available in EN/SP/FR (for subtitles, click on “settings” icon in the bottom-right corner of the YouTube window)! https://bit.ly/32WJjNg
Check your local time: https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
- 23 November 2020, 10AM Argentina / 2PM Belgium / 4PM Kenya / 9PM Philippines: CPDE and EU Development Co-operation are holding a webinar titled “Towards a convincing evidence base to enhance effective development cooperation.” It starts with suggestions on modernising Busan monitoring framework. For more information and to sign up, see https://bit.ly/2IyU80w.
- TODAY, 20 November is the Global Day of Action for Kurdistan. Online and offline solidarity protests aim to amplify the calls of the people of Kurdistan against isolation, fascism, and occupation, and for the freedom of Abdullah Ocalan. Solidarity statements, messages, photos, and videos with calls (with official hashtags #FreeKurdistan and #FreeOcalan) are most welcome.
- 25 November 2020, 11AM Argentina/ 3PM Benin / 10PM Hong Kong – International Migrant Alliance will lead a Global Online Action for Migrant Domestic Workers in commemoration of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. More info upon registration: https://bit.ly/3lJsyfP
- 23-27 November 2020, the 13th edition of the Black Sea NGO Forum will take place online: https://bit.ly/32Fpbis
- 27 November 2020, at 10AM Argentina/ 2PM Netherlands / 9PM Philippines, the International People Research Network will hold a webinar entitled ‘Building People’s Democracy’, focusing on the struggles and solutions to build a democratic societies that truly fulfill the aspirations of the people. Sign up: https://bit.ly/3lGYCBc
- Watch Global Accountability Week 2020 summary video, with highlights from this year’s campaign, by Affinity Group of National Associations (AGNA). https://bit.ly/3lJ2Hob
- Watch “Defending Rights in Southeast Asia amid repression, economic and health crises,” a webinar organised by IBON International, People Coalition on Food Sovereignty and Reality of Aid Asia Pacific. https://bit.ly/3nzs24v
- Watch CIVICUS’ discussion with UN Special Rapporteurs Mary Lawlor, Clement Voule and civil society organisations on how to effectively work together to promote and protect rights to freedom of peaceful assembly, association and rights of human rights defenders in Africa and beyond. https://bit.ly/32T40d3
- Watch People Coalition on Food Sovereignty webinar on South Asia, Land and People: https://bit.ly/3pIp7Zt
- The International Trade Union Confederation, as part of the L20 group that represents working people at the G20 level, is calling for critical action in time for this weekend’s G20 summit in Saudi Arabia. https://bit.ly/3fgNXdR
- Reality of Aid Asia Pacific released the CSO Aid Observatorio Training Handbook 2020: Advancing Human Rights and Development Effectiveness to strengthen CSO capacities in monitoring aid and promoting CSO partnerships towards evidence-based policy engagement in Asia Pacific. Download it here: https://bit.ly/35G4CV6
- From Arab NGO Network for Development, Deal of the century: Arab-Israeli Normalisation and the Siege of Palestine. https://bit.ly/35zFShk
- From ITUC: Reform multilateralism to achieve sustainable recovery and decent work. https://bit.ly/3f4ufls
- ACT Alliance participates in first regional review of the Global Compact for Migration: https://bit.ly/3nvGWc1
- Asia Pacific Mission for Migrants releases a video statement from Migrants and Faith Communities for Justice, Human Rights and Solidarity: https://bit.ly/38QCUXI
- The 2020 Corporate Human Rights Benchmark assesses the human rights disclosures of 230 global companies across five sectors identified as presenting a high risk of negative human rights impacts. https://bit.ly/3kLn2Ix
- From ANND: An IMF bailout for Lebanon can make things worse. https://bit.ly/3nnZ0F4
- People Coalition on Food Sovereignty comprehensive recap of the activities held by their member organizations in participation in the global action for this year’s October 16 World Hunger Day. https://bit.ly/3lJyuW9
Call for Projects
- Call for Abstracts: From the Working Group on Conflict and Fragility: Policy Research on Development Effectiveness of the Triple Nexus, deadline 30 November 2020 (EN/FR/SP): https://bit.ly/3895pzn
- CIVICUS is looking for 5 passionate grassroots activists to join a group that will co-create and implement a campaign to advocate for improved resourcing practices for grassroots activism throughout 2021. Apply before 26 November 2020 (EN/FR/SP): https://web.civicus.org/apply
- World Justice Project launched a Call for Application to The World Justice Challenge 2021 for initiatives addressing Rule of Law challenges amid Covid-19. Apply until 11 December 2020: https://bit.ly/30Ld5TW
- Black Sea NGO Forum launched a Call for Abstracts for the “Building Knowledge for CSO Cooperation in the Black Sea Region” Articles Series: 10 articles on topics related to regional cooperation, CSO leadership, and CSO resilience in the region during crisis. Apply until 15 December 2020: https://bit.ly/2HuVJUw
- Recent developments in the UN Human Rights Council offer new opportunities to combat racism and police brutality (EN/SP): https://bit.ly/3pElBPx
- Hope in the Amazon: interview with Jimmy Piaguaje. https://bit.ly/35Ah2h5
- Watch the UNDP Future of Development public conversation between Amartya Sen, Nobel Laureate and Professor of Economics and Philosophy, and Achim Steiner, UNDP Administrator. https://bit.ly/38NUThx
- The future of aid: From Nobel Peace Prize winner Nadia Murad to UN refugee agency chief Filippo Grandi, more than 20 visions of the humanitarianism of tomorrow. https://bit.ly/2UAuDPa